Thursday, April 17, 2014
My basic training plan is simple: take Mondays and Fridays off except to do stretches and exercises before bed, and every other day of the week go for a run of gradually increasing distance until I can do 13.1 miles on race day! I also want to fit in some cross-training with cycling, zumba, or doing laps at the pool, but I don't want to overdo it. In the past over-training has been a problem for me because I didn't increase my caloric intake enough, so this time around I'm going to keep a journal of my exercise and food so that I can make sure I'm training appropriately and eating enough.
And, um, the best part of the whole experience? Getting to dress as my favorite Disney character while running! Ali and I both love Belle, so we're looking for athletic gear and accessories that are appropriately "Belle." My idea is for one of us to dress in yellow and one to dress in blue and white, for Belle's most quintessential looks. No matter what, it's going to be an amazing experience and I'm so amped up to start training!
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
I'm 22 years old today, so here are 22 random facts about me!
- I am 5'7" but everyone assumes I'm taller than that because I'm thin and have good posture.
- (This list changes constantly, but for now anyway...) Disney princesses in order from favorite to least favorite: Belle, Cinderella, Elsa, Pocahontas, Ariel, Tiana, Snow White, Mulan, Aurora, Rapunzel, Anna, Jasmine.
- (This also changes constantly, but in the interests of fair play) Disney princes in order from favorite to least favorite: Philip, Eric, Li Shang, Prince Charming, John Smith, Flynn/Eugene, Aladdin, Adam/Beast, Ferdinand/Prince, Naveen, Kristoff.
- I'm a huge fan of Old Hollywood. I'm that girl who loves to wear little black dresses and pretend to be Audrey Hepburn every time I leave the house. Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, and Breakfast at Tiffany's are movies I never get tired of watching.
- I also have a really bad habit of having crushes on dead actors from Old Hollywood. Come on, though: Clark Gable? Marlon Brando? James Dean? They're just impossibly handsome.
- I'm a fitness freak but I also have a huge sweet tooth. I work out every day and try to eat healthy meals so that when I have a dessert after dinner it doesn't do too much damage :)
- I was a dancer for many years, and especially loved ballet, but eventually it got too expensive and I had to stop. Pointe shoes are not cheap, but I still love dancing and take classes whenever I can.
- I do yoga every night before bed. I love knowing I've done some stretches and exercises before I go to sleep, but it's also really relaxing.
- My favorite cocktail is the Cuba Libre but I also love mojitos, Long Island iced teas, margaritas, and any cocktail mixed with champagne.
- I've learned a lot about wine this past year and love picking a nice wine to go with dinner, but I'm not a big fan of dessert wines. They always taste like semi-rancid Kool-Aid to me.
- It's always been my dream to watch baby turtles hatch and run for the ocean.
- It's also been my dream to swim with dolphins. I've fed them and played with them, but I've never actually swum with them.
- My favorite ice cream is vanilla with caramel.
- I'm pretty much always cold unless I'm sitting on a beach in 80-degree weather. Winter is completely miserable for me, which is one reason why I moved to Georgia from New Hampshire. Unfortunately Georgia still gets a winter, so I might have to move even further south in the future!
- I really want to live somewhere close enough to the Disney Parks that I could justify getting an Annual Pass. It would make my life so much better if I could just drop by the Disney Parks whenever I wanted.
- I Disneybound about once a week. My favorites are Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Jasmine, Megara, and Wendy.
- I get way too emotionally invested in my TV shows. Currently I watch Mad Men, Community, Parks and Recreation, Game of Thrones, and Modern Family. Having a new episode of any of these shows makes my day instantly better.
- I'm a Gryffindor and my Patronus is a lynx.
- I've been told that I look like: Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Emma Watson, Audrey Hepburn, Alison Brie, Anne Hathaway, Olivia de Havilland, Judy Garland, Miranda Kerr, and younger Angelina Jolie. Basically any pale actress with dark hair is fair game.
- I'm nowhere near a wedding or even engagement, but I already have my bachelorette party planned: a girls' trip to Disney World so we can do Drinks Around the World and dress as our favorite Disney characters. It's gonna be awesome.
- I have playlists for different times during the day: while I'm getting ready for the day and on the bus to work, while I'm doing homework, while I'm cleaning or cooking dinner, while I'm doing dinner, and while I'm going to bed.
- I really, really want a dog. While I'm living in an apartment I want a little dog (like a Bichon Frise, I love those) but once I get a house with a yard I want a big dog like a husky.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
In case you haven't seen it already, I thought I'd post this here. Disney Channel has released its first promo for Girl Meets World, the spinoff from Boy Meets World, that show everyone loved in the 90s. Personally I'm really excited to check it out and see the return of beloved characters, but it looks like the show will be focused more on Cory and Topanga's kids than on them, which makes sense. I'll happily give it a chance, though!
Monday, April 14, 2014
I'm pretty excited about my upcoming trip to Disney World, and it's like Disney read my mind because they've got some new Magic Kingdom merchandise at the Disney Store right now. It's all so whimsical and cute!
The plates are also available in 7" sizes. I'd love to have one of each so I could have the complete set: Frontierland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, and Fantasyland. Plus the appetizer serving set is adorable!
|11" plate $6.95|
|Appetizer serving set $29.95|
|8" plate $6.95|
|Salt and pepper shakers $16.95|
|8" plate $6.95|
|8" plate $6.95|
|8" plate $6.95|
Sunday, April 13, 2014
I confess that I TOTALLY forgot about my birthday on Wednesday until Boyfriend reminded me. Whoops. I'll be turning 22 this week, how crazy is that?